Step It Up Dance® is an award-winning urban dance company delivering a range of high quality services, from Nursery classes to Parent & Child (age 18m – 5), Hip Hop Juniors (age 3 – 5), Urban Dance Academy (age 5+), Freestyle Breakdance and Performance Crew classes. Our classes are run by professionally trained, qualified dance teachers who are all members of the PVG Scheme (managed and delivered by Disclosure Scotland), are First Aid trained and trained in Child Protection.
- Please do not leave your child unattended for any length of time in any of our class venues.
- Fees are non-refundable or transferable and we regret that missed sessions cannot be refunded or carried over.
- Step It Up Dance is an activity provider, not a registered day care service. This means that we are not legally required to follow the staffing ration guidelines. However, in order to maintain good practice, we always aim to adhere to Education Scotland National Care Standards Guidelines for adult to child ratios,
- Parents/ guardians of children taking part in our Hip Hop Minis and Family Hip Hop Crew classes must remain with their child throughout the class, these are highly interactive classes for adults and children to enjoy together.
- Parents/ guardians of children taking part in our Hip Hop Juniors classes must remain within the venue where the dance class it taking place (but not in the room where the activity is taking place) throughout every class. Step It Up Dance and our team members, although members of the PVG Scheme and trained in Child Protection, are not registered care practitioners and as such parents/ guardians have the responsibility to be on hand to take their own child to the bathroom during class should they so require plus the provision of any additional care as required.
- Parents/ guardians of children taking part in our Urban Dance and Breakdance Academy classes, please ensure that your children are left only under the care and supervision of a Step It Up Dance Teacher and are handed over to, and collected directly from, their class teacher at the beginning and end of each class.